Click Pics for Details and to BUY
Unique Native American Art !
Authentic Native American Pottery & Hand Painted Porcelain Jewelry
By Native American Artist Marsha Hedrick
(member Oklahoma Choctaw Nation)
I have just added 2 new videos to the Information
section of this website. They are demonstration videos showing how the Burnished finish
of the pottery is accomplished and how the designs from the Ancient Mimbres are painted
- Original one of a kind hand built pottery
- Many animal effigy pieces (bottles and pots with animal forms)
- Interpretations of ancient Mississippian period (1200-1500 A.D.) Mound builder designs
- Contemporary designs with interesting materials and techniques not often seen in Native American designs
- Fresh interesting ideas
- Original jewelry designs.
- Sculpted porcelain jewelry in the shapes of well known Native Americn icons such as the arrowhead and feathers.
- Each an intricate hand painted miniature art piece.
- Individually made by well known miniature artist and IGMA Fellow Marsha Hedrick.
- Porcelain jewelry utilizing hand made porcelain beads.
- Native American totems including powerful animals such as wolves and messengers such as eagles are frequent subject matter.
- Jewelry made in the shape of birds or animals.
- Mound builder designs are utilized as a starting point for creating unique new jewelry .
- Each sculpted piece is made from fine porcelain or stoneware. Most are glazed.
- Many pieces are meticulously hand painted using china paints to create a unique miniature piece of art.
- China Painting process requires the painting and firing of each piece from 3 to 10 times to achieve the depth of color and detail which you see.
- The artwork will not rub off or fade.
- Each of these authentic American Indian art heirlooms can be worn and passed down for generations to come.
- Each piece comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- The significance or origin of the design or the traditional powers associated with a given animal included with each piece.
Celtic designs, oriental style dragons and asian inspired designs are also available as separate beads and pendants. To see these other designs please visit Marsha's Bead shop.
Below are some exerpts from Marsha's Porcelain Art Blog